[BioC] Problem with read.maimages (Limma): Error in dimnames(x) <- dn

axel.klenk at actelion.com axel.klenk at actelion.com
Mon Mar 7 17:11:15 CET 2011

Dear Hari,

without knowing your targets data.frame and your input file(s)
I can only offer some wild guessing...

Guess #1, since the error message complains about a mismatch of dimnames
[2],
ie. column names: you are reading a single file "filename.txt" and set
column names
to targets[,"Names'] -- is there really only one row in your targets? And
if you have a
targets dataframe, why not use it as an argument to read.maimages() as
shown in
the limma user's guide?

Guess #2, the 8x60K data files I have for testing do not contain a column
"GeneName"
which is probably due to different Agilent FES output file formats... can
you make sure,
your files do have that column?

BTW, when reading Agilent files with read.table() and friends, you'll have
better results
using argument "skip = 9" instead of "fill = T"...

Hope this helps,

 - axel

Axel Klenk
Research Informatician
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd / Gewerbestrasse 16 / CH-4123 Allschwil /
Switzerland