[BioC] Question for NGS seq data (time couse)

Davis McCarthy dmccarthy at wehi.EDU.AU
Thu Mar 10 00:37:44 CET 2011

Hi Xing

What hypothesis do you want to test? Are you looking to detect genes changing over time, or something more complicated? To give some more advice about how to approach your analysis using tools such as edgeR it would help to know more about what you are hoping to learn from your experiment.

Cheers
Davis

On Mar 3, 2011, at 6:23 AM, Xing Li wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question regarding the NGS (RNA-Seq) analysis.
>
> We have a time course data regarding embryo development: 8 time points from
> different day mouse embryos and did RNA-seq on these samples. But we  have
> only one sample for each time point.
>
> I knew that there are some bioc packages for NGS analysis (edgeR, DESeq,
> etc). Is any package or method good for one-sample-per-time-point data?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Xing
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Davis J McCarthy
Research Technician
Bioinformatics Division
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research
1G Royal Parade, Parkville, Vic 3052, Australia
dmccarthy at wehi.edu.au
http://www.wehi.edu.au