[BioC] xmapcore

ekspiulo ekspiulo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 19:17:57 CET 2011

Hello all,

I'm endeavouring to produce transcript relative coordinates for the
probe sets on an affymetrix exon st array.  I've normalized the data at
the probe set level using the oligo package, and I want to use the xmap
projects annotations, but for the life of me I can not figure out how to
query its data in a fashion that can produce either a single coordinate
range or even the set of all possible coordinate ranges for a probe set,
can anyone tell me where to start with this?

Alternatively, can I get probe level data from the normalized results
from Oligo, and does it even make sense for an exon array?  I'm doing
some custom alternative splicing analysis, so ideally I'd be able to get
the data needed to produce a list of all of the probes/probesets which
target each transcript in xmap along with either the genomic coordinates
for those probes/probesets or their transcript relative coordinates.

e.g.

transcript-id: [ [probe-id, start, end], [probe-id, start, end], ... ]

Thanks!

-Brian