[BioC] transfering Illumina Beadarray data from Partek into Bioconductor's beadarray in order to run Limma

Mark Dunning mark.dunning at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 11:55:32 CET 2011

Hi Gustavo,

The limma package is actually capable of reading and preprocessing
Illumina data itself. There is an example of this in the Limma user's
guide, which you can access by typing limmaUsersGuide() in R. The
function to read Illumina output is called read.ilmn. Personally I
would take this route rather than going through Partek, as limma also
has other preprocessing options that are beneficial to the analysis of
Illumina data.

Best wishes,

Mark