[BioC] Get Gene annotation (GO terms)

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Thu Mar 17 22:16:14 CET 2011

What species?  Those look like human gene symbosl, so I will give an
example for that:

library(org.Hs.eg.db)
sym <- c("ACSL1","ADAMTSL1","ATG2B","BACH2")
## Then you can just merge together the GO to entrez gene mappings with
the SYMBOL to entrez gene mappings like this:
merge(toTable(org.Hs.egSYMBOL2EG[sym]), toTable(org.Hs.egGO), by.x=
"gene_id", by.y="gene_id")

Does that make sense?

   Marc