[BioC] Human Gene 1.1 ST cdf

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Mar 21 17:36:41 CET 2011

Hi Nicolas,

On 3/21/2011 11:18 AM, Nicolas Servant wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for the cdf package of the Affymetrix Human Gene 1.1 ST
> ArrayPlate.
> I found the hugene1.0 package but not the 1.1 (only the annotation
> package .db are available) ...
> Does anybody know if such a package exists ?

No. We build the cdf package for this chip (1.0) using the unsupported
cdf file that affy supplies. They have never to my knowledge offered an
unsupported version of the 1.1 chip, so we don't have a cdf package.

You can however use some functions from the aroma.affymetrix project to
create a cdf if you are feeling adventurous
(https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2010-December/036730.html).

But you should really be using either oligo or xps to analyze these
chips. The affy package was never intended for these chips, and there
are real reasons not to use it.

Best,

Jim

--