[BioC] Access the probe ids associated with each cluster

Mon Mar 28 02:30:39 CEST 2011

Hi Wendy,

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 7:43 PM, Wendy Qiao <wendy2.qiao at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am doing a hierarchical clustering for 12,000 genes across 3 samples. The
> gene expression is stored in a matrix called 'Gexpr' which is a 12000 by 3
> matrix.
>
> I plot the cluster using
>
> heatmap.2(Gexpr, Rowv=TRUE,
> Colv=FALSE,dendrogram="row",col=greenred(75),trace="none",dendrogram
> ="column")
>
> I was finding a way to access the probe id's for one of the clusters. Could
> anybody please give me some suggestions?

The `heatmap.2` function "invisibly" returns a list/structure with
lots of stuff in it.

Look in the "Value" section in the ?heatmap.2 help documentation -- I
guess you're most interested in the `rowInd` and `rowDendrogram`
stuff. Look through the documentation for ?dendrogram (and the stuff
in the "See Also" sections), too.

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou