[BioC] Problem with oneChannelGUI

rcaloger raffaele.calogero at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 14:32:02 CEST 2011

>Message: 3
>Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 14:36:28 +0200
>From: Guido Leoni<guido.leoni at gmail.com>
>To:<bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch>
>Subject: [BioC] Problem with oneChannelGUI

>Dear List
>I updated my R version to 2.12 and reinstalled all the oldest packages.
>Now I'm trying to use oneChannelGUI in order to analyze some gene 1.0 St
>  microarrays.
>Every time I try to normalize my data with the apt of affymetrix I retrieve
>the following error

>apt-probeset-summarize: relocation error: /lib/libnss_files.so.2: symbol
>__rawmemchr, version GLIBC_2.2.5 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link
>time reference
>
>OnechannelGUI worked fine with R 2.10...
>Please can someone give to me any suggestion?
>thank you very much
>Guido Leoni

Hi Guido,
oneChannelGUI use the external installation of apt tools from affymetrix.
The error you encountered it seems to be related to some problem with the version of apt tools you are using.

have you reinstalled the apt tools?
which version of apt-tools are you using?

.... sorry for the stupid question....
are you sure that you have installed the right version for your hardware?

Could please execute the following commands in R and send me the output?
sessionInfo()
affylmGUIenvironment$aptDir
affylmGUIenvironment$libDirLocation

Cheers