[BioC] Problem using justGCRMA

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu May 5 15:19:09 CEST 2011

Hi Antonio,

On 5/5/2011 4:57 AM, Antonio Mendes wrote:
> Hi
> I'm trying to use justgcrma to normalize data from affy Plasmodium/anopheles
> genome array and am getting the error copied bellow. I'm running version
> 2.13.0 of R and version 2.8.1 of gcrma. Can anybody help how to overcome
> this?
>
> thanks
> Antonio
>

>> library(gcrma)
>
> Welcome to Bioconductor
>
>    Vignettes contain introductory material. To view, type
>    'browseVignettes()'. To cite Bioconductor, see
>    'citation("Biobase")' and for packages 'citation("pkgname")'.
>
>> setwd("H:\\MozzyData")
>> normalized<-justGCRMA()
> Computing affinitiesLoading required package: AnnotationDbi
> [1] "Checking to see if your internet connection works..."
> trying URL '
> http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.8/data/annotation/bin/windows/contrib/2.13/plasmodiumanophelesprobe_2.8.0.zip
> '
> Content type 'application/zip' length 3553447 bytes (3.4 Mb)
> opened URL
> downloaded 3.4 Mb
>
> package 'plasmodiumanophelesprobe' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums
> checked
>
> The downloaded packages are in
>          C:\Users\Antonio\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpiYHe0U\downloaded_packages
> Error in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths())) :
>    there is no package called 'DBI'
> Error: package 'AnnotationDbi' could not be loaded

Looks like you don't have DBI installed. How did you install
AnnotationDbi? You should always remember to give us the output of
sessionInfo() so we can see if you have mismatched packages.

The easiest fix will be

source("http://www.bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite("AnnotationDbi")

which will ensure you have the correct version, and will install
dependencies as well. If you want to be doubly sure, you can pass a
character vector of c("AnnotationDbi","DBI") to biocLite().

Best,

Jim

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

James W. MacDonald, M.S.