[BioC] GOstats : KEGGHyperGParams error

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri May 6 21:48:24 CEST 2011

Hi Radhouane,

On 5/6/2011 1:55 PM, Radhouane Aniba wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a bug with GOstats when I'm trying to use KEGGHyperGParams, here is
> the error message
>
> Error in .nextMethod(.Object = .Object, ...) :
>    invalid names for slots of class "KEGGHyperGParams": conditional
>
> I used it the same way I used GOHyperGParams
>
> Here is my code
>
>> param<- new("KEGGHyperGParams", geneIds=selected,
> +              annotation="org.Gg.eg.db", pvalueCutoff=0.1,
> +              conditional=FALSE, testDirection="over")

It's not a bug - there is no conditional argument for KEGG.

The conditional argument for GO attempts to account for the DAG
structure of GO wherein any given term includes all of the more specific
(offspring) terms. If some of the offspring terms are already
significant, then you wouldn't want to add them into the ancestor term
as well, because you would be 'cheating' by double counting already
significant terms.

KEGG doesn't have this DAG structure, so a conditional argument is
nonsensical (and hence, doesn't exist).

Best,

Jim

> Is there any step to do before using KEGG ?
>
> Regards
>
> Radhouane
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

James W. MacDonald, M.S.