[BioC] ChIP-Seq Normalization - Quantile (Rank) normalization

Henry Paik hp65 at med.harvard.edu
Mon May 9 16:15:54 CEST 2011

Hello BioC,

I am wondering if there is a package or example codes to
quantile-normalize ChIP-Seq data.

I would like to compare Sample vs. Sample and think it would be nice to
use quantile normalization - sort of we use it for microarray.

I looked up a couple of tools - MACS and QuEST. It seems that they
normalize by "scaling linearly."

Sequencing and microarray do not share the exact features but for
normalization, wouldn't it be okay to use quantile normalization?

Thanks!

- Henry