[BioC] Error in AnnotationDbi package - makeProbePackage

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Mon May 9 17:48:33 CEST 2011

Helga,

others may contribute with their perspectives, but the main problem is
that you have a very atypical affymetrix setup by not having MM probes
at all.  The concept of a CDF package is really build around having MM
probes.  Now, an expert user (me for example) can work around this by
knowing the internal structures well, but this is not something that
works out of the box.

You could try looking into the oligo package that supports the newer
Gene chips (that also have no MM probes as far as I recall, but does
have background probes), I don't know how easy it will be to make a
ProbeDesign package for your custom setup.  Regular users of Oligo
might have some perspective here.

This will probably be a problem no matter what analysis suite you are
using (Bioconductor or something else).

Kasper