[BioC] RE : How to filter a list of SNPs?

Fri May 13 23:30:43 CEST 2011

Hi,

2011/5/13 Simon Noël <simon.noel.2 at ulaval.ca>:
> I can modify the question...
>
>  Where can I find a complete list of all gene expressed in the brain...  From that, I have a good idea of what to do.

I guess you have to further specify since the brain is a complex organ :-)

Are you expecting to use something like "whole brain homogenate"?
Glial cells? Are you looking at particular region of the brain?

You can try looking to see if there's appropriate information in the
gene expression atlas:

http://www.ebi.ac.uk/gxa/

Or maybe you can search GEO or the SRA for expression data taken in an
experiment from a similar condition/region you are interested in.

Here's a paper that looked at rna-seq from several tissues:
http://www.ploscompbiol.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pcbi.1000598

I see they have cerebellum there ...

-steve

--