[BioC] Delta CT data distribution and cluster analyses; machine learning or other

Mounts, William Bill.Mounts at pfizer.com
Sun May 15 16:42:01 CEST 2011

John and Rich,

By definition, delta CT for TaqMan data is the <detector CT value> - <CT
for a reference>.  In some cases, the reference may be from a single
detector (e.g., Ct of GAPDH) or it may also be from a collection of
detectors (avg of Ct of GAPDH, Ct of BACTIN).

Ct values are normally distributed.  Therefore, 2^-(delta Ct) would have
a log normal distribution.  The latter values should resemble typical
gene expression data (e.g., Affymetrix signal).

Hope this helps,
Bill