[BioC] LambdaSets converting the results into a data.frame

Mon May 16 15:50:50 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 4:29 AM, joe j <joe.stata at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> This is probably a simple question, but any pointers would be great.
>
> I am using  "lambdaSets" in the package "RBGL" in R. What I would like
> is to have all the results of "lambdaSets" in a data.frame because I
> will be comparing the results for different years.

How do you expect that data.frame to look like?

For instance, if we run the example code in the lambdaSets function
and set the last statement to a variable (`lset`):

R> con <- file(system.file("XML/snalambdaex.gxl",package="RBGL"))
R> coex <- fromGXL(con)
R> close(con)
R> lset <- lambdaSets(coex)

What do you expect `lset` as a data.frame to look like?

lset[[1]] is a single integer, and lset[[2]] is a list of lists of
nodes -- each of varying lengths. It seems that this type of data
isn't well suited to be stuffed into a data.frame, but if you can give
us an idea of how this `lset` object might look like as a data.frame,
perhaps someone can help you get it into that form.

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou