[BioC] [Fwd: help in annotation ILLUMINA probes]

Mark Dunning mark.dunning at gmail.com
Tue May 17 10:12:13 CEST 2011

Hi Nathalie,

You can use the illumina Bioconductor annotation packages to do this.
The particular one you need is illuminaMousev2.db

>library(illuminaMousev2.db)

> ids = c("ILMN_1250814", "ILMN_1257855", "ILMN_2537948", "ILMN_3144164", "ILMN_2636200")

> mget(ids, illuminaMousev2GENOMICLOCATION)
$ILMN_1250814
[1] "chr9:53240676:53240725:+"

$ILMN_1257855
[1] "chrX:96269326:96269375:+"

$ILMN_2537948
[1] "chr6:68192672:68192721:+"

$ILMN_3144164
[1] "chr8:11004508:11004557:-"

$ILMN_2636200
[1] "chr10:5324478:5324527:+"

The coordinates are based on the mm9 assembly.

You can also retrieve the probe sequences themselves in a similar technique.

> mget(ids, illuminaMousev2PROBESEQUENCE)
$ILMN_1250814
[1] "GGATTCCCTTTTCTGAGCGATGGACCTACCTTCAAGCCCACTTTCCAGCG"

$ILMN_1257855
[1] "CCTCATGCCTTTTGCCTACAGTGGTGGTCTATAAGAACAGTCCTTTTGGC"

$ILMN_2537948
[1] "GGGCAAGGACCACAGCCAACTTCCTCTTACAAGCCACACCGACTTTGTCC"

$ILMN_3144164
[1] "CCAGGCACTGGAGCTTTGCCCTCTGCCAGCACCTATGCAAGCATCGACTT"

$ILMN_2636200
[1] "TTTGCCCGATCCTTCCATCCGATGCTCAGATATACCAACGGTCCTCCTCC"

Running the following will list all available mappings in the package.

> illuminaMousev2()

Best wishes,

Mark