[BioC] How to extract Phenotype data from GSE

Gaurav Kumar gaurav.kumar at mq.edu.au
Thu May 19 08:36:31 CEST 2011

Dear Sean and bioconductor users,

I’m new to GEOquery and things are not very clear to me as my
understanding is limited for the package. I need to know phenotypic
data for GSE3149. After reading GEOquery manual and mail-archive. I
did following to find the Phenotypic information for GSE3149.

>gse3149<-getGEO(filename='D:/GSE3149/GSE3149_series_matrix.txt.gz', GSEMatrix=TRUE)

>phenotype <- pData(phenoData(gse3149[[1]]))
Error in function (classes, fdef, mtable)  :
  unable to find an inherited method for function "phenoData", for
signature "factor"
Error in pData(phenoData(gse3149[[1]])) :
  error in evaluating the argument 'object' in selecting a method for
function 'pData'

However, I can see phenoData through show function (> show(gse3149))

Please, guide me where i’m doing wrong.
Thanks in advance
Gaurav

--
PhD Student (Bioinformatics/Computational Biology)

URL:http://gauravkumar.org