[BioC] EdgeR- equal number of columns per group?

Davis McCarthy dmccarthy at wehi.EDU.AU
Tue May 24 00:41:44 CEST 2011

Hi Lana

It certainly should be possible for you to use all of your information.

What is the output from dim(D)?

Somehow there is a mismatch between the number of columns of your object D and the group labels you are assigning. The group vector you define, c(rep("d45HVC",2),"d45WB"), should indeed be of length 3, so it seems that D does not consist of exactly three columns.

Cheers
Davis

On May 24, 2011, at 5:21 AM, Lana Schaffer wrote:

> Hi,
> I got this message when trying to use 2 columns for HVC and 1 column for WB.
>
>> d <- DGEList(counts = D, group = c(rep("d45HVC",2),"d45WB"))
> Error in DGEList(counts = D, group = c(rep("d45HVC", 2), "d45WB")) :
>  Length of 'group' must equal number of columns in 'counts'
>
> So there is no way for me to use all my information (columns) ?
>

> Lana Schaffer
> Biostatistics, Informatics
> DNA Array Core Facility
> 858-784-2263
>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Davis J McCarthy
Research Technician
Bioinformatics Division
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research
1G Royal Parade, Parkville, Vic 3052, Australia
dmccarthy at wehi.edu.au
http://www.wehi.edu.au