[BioC] Get all 3'utr and 5'utr region from GenomicFeatures

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue May 24 15:18:48 CEST 2011

Hi Fabrice,

On 5/24/2011 4:56 AM, Fabrice Tourre wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> How can I get all 3'utr and 5'utr region from GenomicFeatures of Human?
> There are fiveUTRsByTranscript, threeUTRsByTranscript methods in
> GenomicFeatures. But how can I get these regions?

hg19 <- makeFeatureDbFromUCSC(genome = "hg19", table = "refGene")
utr3 <- threeUTRsByTranscript(ref19)

Which seems pretty obvious to me, given the help pages for these functions.

It would be helpful if you could give us an indication of where you got
stuck, and what in particular you didn't understand from the help pages,
so we can improve our documentation.

Best,

Jim

> Thanks.