[BioC] objective criterion for identification of outlying arrays by pca

Richard Friedman friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
Wed Nov 2 15:04:18 CET 2011

Dear Bioconductor List,

	Does anyone know of an objective criterion for the identification of
outlying arrays
by pca?

	I usually do this subjectively. However the experimental investigator
whom I am helping
has a different subjective sense than I do, so that I wonder if there
is a hard-and-fast criterion.

Thanks and best wishes,
Rich
Richard A. Friedman, PhD
Associate Research Scientist,
Biomedical Informatics Shared Resource
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center (HICCC)
Lecturer,
Department of Biomedical Informatics (DBMI)
Educational Coordinator,
Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (C2B2)/
National Center for Multiscale Analysis of Genomic Networks (MAGNet)
Room 824
Irving Cancer Research Center
Columbia University
1130 St. Nicholas Ave
New York, NY 10032
(212)851-4765 (voice)
friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
http://cancercenter.columbia.edu/~friedman/

I am a Bayesian. When I see a multiple-choice question on a test and I
don't
know the answer I say "eeney-meaney-miney-moe".

Rose Friedman, Age 14