[BioC] gene enrichment analysis without a control sample

Robert Castelo robert.castelo at upf.edu
Fri Nov 4 23:32:09 CET 2011

hi Wendy,

take a look at the GSVA package, it'll allow you to transform your
gene-by-sample matrix of expression values into a gene-set-by-sample
matrix of enrichment scores which can be interpreted as surrogates of
expression level per gene set. take a look at the vignette, i think your
situation might be similar to what is described in section 4.2 of the
vignette.

cheers,
robert.