[BioC] Attribute in snp mart to get SNP function (e.g. synonymous, nonsynonymous) ?

Valerie Obenchain vobencha at fhcrc.org
Wed Nov 9 01:37:02 CET 2011

Hi Adriana,

I believe the filter you want is consequence_type. Take a look at the
filters available to you with,

     listFilters(snpmart)

You may also want to take a look at the VariantAnnotation package. There
are functions

     ?locateVariants
     ?predictCoding

that can tell you where your variant is located (coding, non-coding,
utr, etc.) and provide the amino acid coding change is for the
non-synonymous variants. Recently SIFT and PolyPhen scores have been
made available through db packages
SIFT.Hsapiens.dbSNP132 and PolyPhen.Hsapiens.dbSNP131.

Valerie