[BioC] Adding Multiple quadrantGates of Same Channels to workFlow (flowCore)

Aric Gregson a.gregson at ucla.edu
Tue Nov 15 20:11:53 CET 2011

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 15:58:09 -0800
Aric Gregson <a.gregson at ucla.edu> wrote:

> Is there a way around this?

OK. I have come up with a way around this, although considering a more
global answer for working with the workFlow and perhaps a different
naming scheme for nodes/gateViews may be better in the long run.

I can plot the gate using the filter results without adding it to the
workFlow:

> memory.cd8.quadgate.base.result <- filter(Data(wf[['CD4-CD8+']]),
quadGate.memory.CD8.base)
> xyplot(`PE.Cy7.A` ~ `PerCP.Cy5.5.A` | SampleID,
         Data(wf[['CD4-CD8+']]),
         filter=memory.cd8.quadgate.base.result)

I can extract the 'boundary' results from the quadGate result and
create multiple rectangleGates to add to the workFlow, for example:

> memory.cd8.naive <-
rectangleGate("PerCP.Cy5.5.A"=c(quadGate.memory.CD8.base at boundary[[1]],
Inf), "PE.Cy7.A"=c(quadGate.memory.CD8.base at boundary[[2]], Inf),
filterId="CD8_NAIVE")