[BioC] PhD position available in Innsbruck, Austria

Johannes Rainer johannes.rainer at i-med.ac.at
Thu Nov 17 10:25:17 CET 2011

Bioinformatic/biostatistic PhD student position available in the
Applied Bioinformatics Group, Division of Molecular Pathophysiology,
Biocenter, Medical University Innsbruck, Austria.

Area of research:
Our research group is primarily interested in the effects of the
steroid hormone glucocorticoid (GC), that is used in the treatment of
lymphoid malignancies, specifically childhood acute lymphoblastic
leukemia (ALL). Almost all effects of GCs are mediated by their
cognate receptor (GC-receptor), a ligand activated transcription
factor. Thus we study the effects of GCs in lymphoid cells at the
transcriptional level, including transcription factor DNA
interactions, DNA methylation etc employing whole genome approaches
(microarrays, next generation sequencing).
A "stay abroad" for 6 months during the period of the 3 year PhD
position is possible/recommended. Options are: Fred Hutchinson Cancer
Research Center in Seattle, WA, USA, or the group of Wolfgang Huber at
the EMBL in Heidelberg, Germany.

Key words:
Transcriptional response; bioinformatic/biostatistic data analysis;
R/Bioconductor programming; leukemia research; microarrays; next
generation sequencing.

Conact/further informations:
http://bioinfo.i-med.ac.at
johannes.rainer at i-med.ac.at