[BioC] TMM and calcNormFactors: Normalization in baySeq to match, edgeR and DESeq (Smith, Hilary A)

Thomas J Hardcastle tjh48 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 18 18:06:13 CET 2011

On 18/11/11 11:00, bioconductor-request at r-project.org wrote:
>     9. TMM and calcNormFactors: Normalization in baySeq to match
>        edgeR and DESeq (Smith, Hilary A)

Hi Hilary,

The 'edgeR' function 'calcNormFactors' used to contain an option for
'quantile', but no more; alas! The baySeq 'getLibsizes' function is
still trying to call this version, and failing. I will put in a fix for
this now that it has been brought to my attention, but in the meantime
the following code should work:

d <- DGEList(counts = cD at data, group = cD at replicates)
d <- calcNormFactors(d)
cD at libsizes <- d$samples$norm.factors

Best wishes,

Tom Hardcastle

--
Dr. Thomas J. Hardcastle