[BioC] package ‘DAVIDQuery’ is not available (for R version 2.14.0)

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Wed Nov 23 18:39:10 CET 2011

On 11/23/2011 08:34 AM, Karl Brand wrote:

> Esteemed BioC UseRs and Devs,
>
> I'm trying (and failing) to install the BioC package "DAVIDQuery". There
> must be a simple way to solve this issue, but my googling failed to
> solve this issue.
>
> Within (ESS/Emacs) R --vanilla i tried:
>
>  > install.packages("DAVIDQuery", dependencies=TRUE)
> Installing package(s) into
> ‘/home/kbrand/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.13’
> (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
> --- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
> Warning message:
> In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
> package ‘DAVIDQuery’ is not available (for R version 2.14.0)

DAVIDQuery is a Bioconductor package, but it sounds like you're choosing
a 'CRAN' archive. The recommended installation process is

   source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
   biocLite("DAVIDQuery")

>  >

> This makes me wonder if i need to specify a different library (path). If
> so, which one?
>
>  > .libPaths()
> [1] "/home/kbrand/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.13"
> [2] "/usr/local/lib/R/site-library"
> [3] "/usr/lib/R/site-library"
> [4] "/usr/lib/R/library"

That there are four is due to someone / thing other than R; see ?Startup
for hints on how these libraries are identified.

Martin

--
Computational Biology
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center