[BioC] Regression analysis problem

Kevin R. Coombes kevin.r.coombes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 19:26:59 CEST 2011

To follow up on Tim's point:

I have yet to see any evidence that methylation data is anything other
than ternary. The typical interpretation for the beta values is
     less than 0.25 = fully unmethylated
     greater than 0.75 = fully methylated
     between 0.25 and 0.75 = partially methylated
Part of the evidence for this assertion is that we ahve several sets of
data from samples treated with drugs that should fully methylate (or
fully demethylate, respectively) everything. On those samples, 99% of
the observed values are above 0.75 (or below 0.25, respectively).

So I'm not convinced that t-tests have role to play in analyzing
genome-wide methylation data....

     Kevin