[BioC] Ensembl websites offline for maintenance

Rhoda Kinsella rhoda at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Oct 20 14:11:23 CEST 2011

Dear all

All Sanger-based Ensembl websites and related services will go offline
around midday tomorrow, Friday 21st October until the evening of
Sunday 23rd October. This will affect the main Ensembl website,
archives, Pre! and beta. Mirror sites (US and Asia) will remain
available, but Sanger-dependent services, including BLAST and user
accounts, will be disabled.

For Ensembl BioMart users this will mean that you will not be able to
query the Ensembl marts from www.biomart.org or www.ensembl.org. You
will be able to access release 64 Ensembl marts via the mirrors at:

http://uswest.ensembl.org/index.html
http://useast.ensembl.org/index.html
http://asia.ensembl.org/index.html

We hope that the datacentre restart will go smoothly and the sites
will be back online by Monday morning at the latest - if you find a
site is not working as expected by noon UK time, please let us know so
that we can investigate.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards
Rhoda

Rhoda Kinsella Ph.D.
Ensembl Production Project Leader,
European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI),
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus,
Hinxton
Cambridge CB10 1SD,
UK.