[BioC] visualise model fit in edgeR

Iain Gallagher iaingallagher at btopenworld.com
Tue Oct 25 16:06:11 CEST 2011

Dear List

I have been using the glmFit method in edgeR to analyse some RNA-Seq data. I will soon be presenting this data to a more statistically naive audience (and I'm no expert myself) and I was hoping to be able to prepapre a figure demonstrating how this particular edgeR analysis approach works.

Basically what I'd like to do would be to plot count data for one (ore perhaps a few) of my genes and then draw a couple of lines showing the fit of the null and alternative models used in the glmLRT method of edgeR to assess gene regulation between conditions.

I was hoping that this would allow me to illustrate the concept of testing for the likelihood of model fit and hence gene regulation between conditions.

If anyone could help I'd be grateful.

Best

Iain