[BioC] maSigPro and "vars" argument

Mª José Nueda mj.nueda at ua.es
Fri Sep 9 18:36:12 CEST 2011

Dear Andrea,

1) Your experimental design is correct.
2) Your explanation about the 2 groups you have when vars="groups" is also
correct. Normally the first group is a reference (the control group) and
maSigPro looks for genes that have differences between other treatments and
the control. If you want to find genes with changes in time for the second
group you can make 2 things: -Selecting group2 as the reference (first
group) or, as you say, spliting the data in 2 groups. But this last option
doesn't give you genes with differences  between groups.
3) Using vars="each" you get a many lists as variables you have in the
model. The meaning "biologically speaking" depends on the study. This is an
option that allows look for specific questions (differents to "all" or
"groups") that a user can be interested in.  For instance,  if you are
looking for all the genes with linear changes but not quadratic changes or
whatever. You can manage these lists of genes to get the question you
desire.

 If you don't understand my answer, please contact me again. Thank you for
using maSigPro.

María J. Nueda.