[BioC] fit=lmFit limma package

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Tue Sep 13 01:19:02 CEST 2011

Dear Jing and Wolfgang,

lmFit() allows for NA/NaN/Inf values in the expression object, so simply
having such values in the data isn't the problem.  However I agree with
Wolfgang that there is likely to be a serious problem with the expression
object to cause this error to occur.  I am guessing that the data is
degenerate in some way.

Jing, we can't help you with this further given the limited information
you've provided.  As Wolfgang says, you need to examine your data more
closely.  A first step would be:

   summary(exprs(eset))

Best wishes
Gordon