[BioC] problem getting setNodeColorRule from RCytoscape to work

Tony tonyatvt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 21:01:39 CEST 2012

Paul Shannon <pshannon at ...> writes:

> Hi Tony,
>
> Thanks for sending the session and version info.
>
> Please see comments inline below...
>

> There are updates for a few of your packages, and for Cytoscape itself.  One
plausible cause is RCurl.  Your

http://www.omegahat.org/RCurl/) and then, if you don't
> mind, restart R, and send me the exact transcript of your R session, the few
lines of code needed to
> reproduce the error.  When I see them in context (if the RCurl update does not
fix the problem) then I could do
> a better job of figuring things out.  Meanwhile: I am sorry that you are
running into trouble.

> Also, I should warn you!  We have a new release of R, of Bioconductor, and
RCytoscape.  Though it can be a little
> painful to make the transition, we generally encourage everyone to stay
current.  Since the release
> happened only yesterday, finding the fix for your problem should be something
we can do separately form
> the upgrade we might soon recommend.
>
>  - Paul

Hi Paul,

Problem solved! I followed your suggestions to upgrade all the packages, R,
RCurl, RCytoscape, Rcytoscaperpc, still not working, then I also upgraded
Cytoscape itself to 2.8.2, them everything work charmingly!

Indeed, stay current! Thank you for your help and your wonderful software! Also
attach my new sessionInfo in case someone need to check against.

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.15.0 (2012-03-30)
Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)

locale:
 [1] LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NUMERIC=C
 [3] LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8        LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8
 [5] LC_MONETARY=en_US.UTF-8    LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
 [7] LC_PAPER=C                 LC_NAME=C
 [9] LC_ADDRESS=C               LC_TELEPHONE=C
[11] LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] RCytoscape_1.6.1 XMLRPC_0.2-4     graph_1.34.0

[1] BiocGenerics_0.2.0 RCurl_1.91-1       tools_2.15.0       XML_3.9-4