[BioC] VariantAnnotation's predictCoding (via getTranscriptSeqs) calls makeUCSCTxListFromGRangesList with wrong function signature?

Sang Chul Choi schoi at cornell.edu
Thu Apr 5 03:14:08 CEST 2012

Hi,

I found out that getTranscriptSeqs calls makeUCSCTxListFromGRangesList of GenomicFeatures with a wrong function signature; lines 16-17 of VariantAnnotation/R/methods-getTranscriptSeqs.R.
reorder.exons.on.minus.strand might need to be changed to decreasing.rank.on.minus.strand because of changes in GenomicFeatures. I do not know whether FALSE or TRUE is given to that argument.  I will appreciate if this can be corrected if this is a simple bug.  If this is not bug, I will appreciate if anyone could give me clue about the following error.

I have the following error (I am using the development version of R and BioC packages).
> aacoding <- predictCoding(vcf, txdb1, seqSource=FaFile)
Error in GenomicFeatures:::.makeUCSCTxListFromGRangesList(query, reorder.exons.on.minus.strand = FALSE) :
  unused argument(s) (reorder.exons.on.minus.strand = FALSE)

Thank you,

SangChul