[BioC] ERROR: Length of \'group\' must equal number of columns in \'data\'

Mark Robinson mark.robinson at imls.uzh.ch
Thu Apr 5 15:06:13 CEST 2012

Hi Cawendish (?),

You are using a *very* old version of edgeR and of R.  Nearly 3 years in R/Bioconductor time is quite like an eternity.  R 2.15 was just released, so I would consider installing that one.  Then, install edgeR with:

source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite("edgeR")

And, then try your commands again.

And if you aren't already, be sure to read an updated version of the User's guide:
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/edgeR.html

Best,
Mark

On 05.04.2012, at 14:48, aliaselin [guest] wrote:

> I'm trying to use edgeR to analyse RNA-seq data following the guidance of "edgeR: differential expression analysis of digital gene expression data".
> I have done exactly as the manual told and when tapping the command "d <-
> DGEList(counts=d, group=group)", then an error comes as "错误于DGEList(counts = d, group = group) :
>  Length of 'group' must equal number of columns in 'data'
> "
>
> However, length(group) shows that the length of the group is 7, and dim(d) = 37435     7.
> So I think they two are equal, so why I got this error?
> Many thanks!
>
> -- output of sessionInfo():
>
> R version 2.9.1 (2009-06-26)
> x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
>
> locale:
> LC_CTYPE=zh_CN.UTF-8;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=zh_CN.UTF-8;LC_COLLATE=zh_CN.UTF-8;LC_MONETARY=C;LC_MESSAGES=zh_CN.UTF-8;LC_PAPER=zh_CN.UTF-8;LC_NAME=C;LC_ADDRESS=C;LC_TELEPHONE=C;LC_MEASUREMENT=zh_CN.UTF-8;LC_IDENTIFICATION=C
>
> attached base packages:
>
> other attached packages:
> [1] edgeR_1.2.4   Biobase_2.4.1
>

> --