[BioC] DEXSeq error during fold change calculation

Alejandro Reyes alejandro.reyes at embl.de
Tue Apr 10 13:16:40 CEST 2012

Hi Beth,

Thanks for your email.  This error comes from the glm function, sometimes it fails due to really high dispersions. e.g. cases where you have 0 counts in an exon in almost all your samples and one sample with 1000 counts. In my experience this rarely happens so it should not be a problem for the analysis. Could you try updating to the newest version of DEXSeq? This version should convert these error into warnings, if this does not work, could you send me your ExonCountSet object to give a closer look to the error message?

Best wishes,
Alejandro Reyes