[BioC] question about DESeq or tissue-specific expression

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Wed Apr 11 00:30:50 CEST 2012

Dear Daofeng

searching for tissue-specific genes is a somewhat different question
from looking for differential expression.

Many other people may have many different suggestions (and could post
them here), but a useful starting point for you could be this paper:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3154617/?tool=pubmed#SD1 A
Gene Expression Barcode for Microarray Data by Michael Zilliox and
Rafael Irizarry.

In fact, this should be much easier with RNA-Seq data than for
microarrays. For visualisation / data exploration / density estimation,
DESeq's variance stabilising transformation could be useful.

	Best wishes
	Wolfgang

Apr/9/12 8:19 PM, Daofeng Li scripsit::

--