[BioC] NUSE lmFit fitPLM

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Sat Apr 14 03:15:08 CEST 2012

Dear Bill,

NUSE is a quality measure that is specific to the particular probe-set
structure of Affymetrix arrays.  It depends on the fact that Affy arrays
have a large (and constant) number of short probes for each gene. There is
no corresponding quality measure for Agilent microarrays, which typically
have one long probe for each gene.

Best wishes
Gordon