[BioC] problems with strand in predictCoding

Fri Apr 20 21:45:26 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Jeremiah Degenhardt
<degenhardt.jeremiah at gene.com> wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> Out of curiosity, could you provide an example of an instance when you
> prefer the function to only return hits on the same strand? I have
> tried hard to come up with an example but can't think of one. It's
> probably due more to my background though...

Sure ... the stars have aligned in such a way that I spend most of my
time using different types of strand-specific rna sequencing data.

In this case, when finding overlaps between reads and (annotated)
genes, it's handy that it defaults to keep the strand info.

-steve