[BioC] RCytoscape couldn't connect to host

Eleonora Lusito eleonora.lusito at ifom-ieo-campus.it
Fri Apr 27 15:26:50 CEST 2012

Dear R users,
I would like to use RCytoscape to plot networks. I downloaded and installed
Cytoscape (and the plug in CytoscapeRPC) and the library RCytoscape. At the
same time I downloaded the XMLRPC and unzipped it. The problem is, when
running the example reported on the RCytoscape package pdf, that is:
library(RCytoscape)
g <- new ('graphNEL', edgemode='directed')
g <- graph::addNode ('A', g)
g <- graph::addNode ('B', g)
g <- graph::addNode ('C', g)
cw <- new.CytoscapeWindow ('vignette', graph=g)

after cw the following error message appears:
Error in function (type, msg, asError = TRUE)  : couldn't connect to host.

Can anyone help me please?
Thanks in advance,

Eleonora Lusito

--