[BioC] combining hgu133a and hgu133b

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at uw.edu
Fri Apr 27 22:51:10 CEST 2012

Hi Mayte,

The short answer is no.

You could hypothetically create a mixture cdf that only contains
probesets that are in the intersection of these three chip types and
then normalize. Ben Bolstad has a page containing mixture cdfs for some
arrays (http://bmbolstad.com/misc/mixtureCDF/MixtureCDF.html) but he
never to my knowledge made one for the arrays you have.

In general, I think you would be better off to normalize separately and
then combine.

Best,

Jim