[BioC] package xps

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Fri Aug 3 00:55:08 CEST 2012

Hi Steven,

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Steven <steven.wink at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am having trouble getting package xps to work, and would really
> appreciate any help I can get.
>
> I have succesfully installed root_v5.34.01 on my ubuntu 12.04 OS
> as described on in the xps package readme file I added ROOTSYS to PATH
> and LD_LIBRARY_PATH by entering these lines in the terminal:
> export ROOTSYS=~/ROOT/root  (I make a folder ROOT in which I unpacked root.)

Did you just unpack the source tarball of root into /ROOT, or did you
install root there?

>               export PATH=$ROOTSYS/bin:$PATH
>               export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ROOTSYS/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
>  I also added above 2 lines in .bashrc

Did you source the .bashrc after adding these lines?
What happens if you type
echo $ROOTSYS
at the command line?

To make sure root is properly installed, what happens if you do this:

$ROOTSYS/bin/root --help
You should see a usage message describing the various options for root.

> root seems to run fine.
>
> next, I download xps_1.16.0.tar.gz and run:
> sudo R CMD INSTALL xps_1.16.0.tar.gz

Why are you using sudo here?

Are you running R 2.15? This is the version of R you will need with xps 1.16.0.

We recommend you install xps like this, within R:

source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite("xps")

Dan