[BioC] Bioinformatics Scientist opening in a startup on human genome interpretaion
rchen1 at outlook.com
Tue Aug 7 05:08:32 CEST 2012
We have several openings on Bioinformatics Scientist, Statistical Geneticist, and Software Engineer in an extremely promising startup company in the bay area. Persoalis is a venture-backed startup company providing genome services for clinical research and medical diagnostics. We are seeking a talented and highly motivated individual to join our Research and Development Team. Here is a summary of the job description.
1) Develop and implement algorithms, statistical methods and software to analyze human genome sequences for genetic risks, disease mechanisms, and
2) Develop and implement methods for integrative data analysis and visualization of analysis results.
3) Develop and implement methods for assessing the effects of different genetic variants.
4) Develop strong cross-functional relationships within the R&D and Operations teams.
5) Actively participate in developing project plans and providing regular updates against milestones
6) Collaborate with internal and external research scientists on analyzing human genome sequences for personalized
1) Minimum of 2-5 years of doctoral, post-doctoral or work experience analyzing, visualizing, interpreting large- scale genomic/genetic datasets
2) Extensive experience with R development, preferably for genetics/genomics applications
3) Outstanding programming skills in Perl, Python, C, or Java
4) Prior experience with MySQL and public repositories of genetic, genomic, and biological data is a plus
5) Prior project experience with human genetics and/or analyzing data from genome-wide association studies is a plus
6) Prior experience building and assessing risk models of disease is a plus
6) Prior graphical programming experience is a plus
7) Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams across the organization
8) Strong desire to work in a high-energy, hands-on startup environment
MS or PhD in statistics, bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, statistical genetics, or a related field.
This position could be
at junior or senior level according to the experience of the applicants.
If interested, please submit a letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to careers at personalis.com. Please also send your CV to me directly at rong.chen at personalis.com.
Rong Chen, Ph.D.
Director of Predictive Medicine
1350 Willow Road, Suite 202
Menlo Park, California 94025
Email: rong.chen at personalis.com
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 54616 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Bioconductor