[BioC] Variance stabilization of m-values

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Sat Aug 25 02:35:09 CEST 2012

Dear Brent,

No Amean <- rowMeans(M) wouldn't have the desired effect.  Amean should
reflect average intensity, so it would be necessary to compute Amean from
the original intensities used to compute the M-values or beta values.

Note that I don't have any first hand experience with methylation arrays,
so this is just to suggest something that could be tried.

Best wishes
Gordon

Professor Gordon K Smyth,
Bioinformatics Division,
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research,
1G Royal Parade, Parkville, Vic 3052, Australia.
http://www.statsci.org/smyth