[BioC] Encrypting IDAT files using IDATreader

Henrik Bengtsson hb at biostat.ucsf.edu
Tue Aug 28 06:09:47 CEST 2012

I started a draft of an illuminaIO package for the purpose of setting
up one single Illumina file parser package (cf. affxparser):

  https://r-forge.r-project.org/scm/viewvc.php/pkg/illuminaIO/?root=aroma-dots

My strategy was to add to it as I needed new features myself, add
system tests, and when it would be of value to others I would put it
on CRAN.  From its NEWS:

Version: 0.2.1 [2012-02-07]
o CLEANUP: readIDAT() and readBPM() no longer give warnings about
  using readBin(..., signed=FALSE).

Version: 0.2.0 [2012-02-07]
o Added a NAMESPACE.

Version: 0.1.0 [2011-03-28]
o Copied readIDAT() and readBPM() from the crlmm package, which uses
  the Artistic-2.0 license.  However, the two functions originate
  from Keith Baggerly, MD Anderson.
o Created.

So, it's pretty much what is in crlmm (as of March 2011) with some
minor improvements.

Feel free to take it over, incorporate whatever, or simply ignore it.

/Henrik