[BioC] Paired two-color design

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Tue Aug 28 13:07:55 CEST 2012

Dear January,

Are your dye-swaps technical replicates of the same RNA samples?  That is,
does "A1" refer to same RNA sample for the second array as does for the
first?

lmscFit() can't be used in conjunction with technical replicates,
including dye-swaps.

On the other hand, your paired design is exactly of the form discussed on
page 41 of the limma User's Guide (dated 10 June 2012):

http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.10/bioc/vignettes/limma/inst/doc/usersguide.pdf

or on page 56 of the limma User's Guide dated 31 July 2012:

http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.11/bioc/vignettes/limma/inst/doc/usersguide.pdf

Best wishes
Gordon