[BioC] Obtaining protein sequence data?

David Westergaard david at harsk.dk
Mon Dec 3 23:27:13 CET 2012

Hi Caitlin,

If you have found the protein sequences at NCBI Protein, they are
(unless otherwise specified) what you could call 'healthy'. I am not
quire sure what you mean by damaged copies. You will have to
investigate the litterature to see which BRCA1/2 mutations are found
in breast cancer. To my knowledge, there are several mutations in the
BRCA genes which have been associated with a higher onset of
especially breast cancer. You can use both UniProt and OMIM to
investigate this.

Best,
David