[BioC] geneplotter - buildChromLoc for arrays with no .db package

Lavinia Gordon lavinia.gordon at mcri.edu.au
Tue Dec 4 01:57:08 CET 2012

Hi,
I'd like to use the buildChromLoc function in geneplotter for
GenomeWideSnp 6.0 Affymetrix arrays.
As there does not appear to be a suitable .db package available for
these arrays, I'm looking for any tips/pointers on how to go about this,
e.g. I'm guessing one option would be to use the org.Hs.eg.db and map my
6.0 ids back to these locations, or to create  a .db package using
AnnotationForge.
With many thanks for your time,

Lavinia Gordon

Senior Research Officer
Quantitative Sciences Core, Bioinformatics

Murdoch Childrens Research Institute
The Royal Children's Hospital
Flemington Road Parkville Victoria 3052 Australia
T 03 8341 6221
www.mcri.edu.au