[BioC] all human gene coordinates

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Tue Dec 4 19:31:17 CET 2012

Hi Wim,

How about this:

library(Homo.sapiens)  ## This loads both of the packages just mentioned.

## This lists all the things you can retrieve:
cols(Homo.sapiens)

## Then you can do something like this
k = keys(Homo.sapiens, keytype="ENTREZID")
res <- select(Homo.sapiens, keys = k, cols =c("TXSTART","TXEND"),
keytype="ENTREZID")
head(res)

That would get you the starts and ends of all known transcripts for each
gene in a data.frame.

   Marc