[BioC] Custom CDF for alternative splicing with xps

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Fri Dec 7 23:49:54 CET 2012

Hi,

For expression arrays xps does support alternative arrays from
BrainArray. For this purpose function rma has the parameter
'xps.scheme', see ?rma and ?import.expr.scheme

In principle you can do:
# HuEx-1_0-st-v2.r2: BrainArray Version 16
scheme.huex10stv2ENSE <- import.expr.scheme("huex10stv2ENSE", filedir =
scmdir,
                               schemefile = file.path(libdir,
"HuEx10stv2_Hs_ENSE.cdf"),
                               probefile  = file.path(libdir,
"HuEx10stv2_Hs_ENSE_probe.tab"),
                               annotfile  = "",
                               chipname   = "HuEx-1_0-st-v2_umi16_ense")

However this scheme file will not help you since for whole genome arrays
xps does only support pgf-files and no cdf-files, so it can not use the
alternative cdf-files provided by BrainArray.

Regards,
Christian
C.h.r.i.s.t.i.a.n   S.t.r.a.t.o.w.a
V.i.e.n.n.a           A.u.s.t.r.i.a