[BioC] Most diff exp genes are up-regulated... can this be true?

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Sun Dec 9 14:31:02 CET 2012

Dear Peter

did you already generate a quality report with 'arrayQualityMetrics'?

Also, I assume you (or the biologist who designed the experiment) knows about some controls, for which it is already known what they should be doing; or is able to test some of the results using an independent assay.

The dimness of your arrays however suggests that there could be a problem with data quality that is not easy to fix by data analysis.

	Best wishes
	Wolfgang